After having a particularly crappy past couple of weeks, I opened my email to find out that a fellow blogger has nominated me for the Liebster Award! I’m super honored and was honestly pretty surprised considering I’m not even sure if anyone actually reads my blog (half kidding). So thank you, AutumnScrubs, for the nomination!
The Liebster Award Rules
- Thank the nominator and post a link to his/her blog ✓
- Display the award on your blog ✓
- Answer the eleven questions provided by the nominator ✓
- Nominate 5-11 blogs which have less than 1,000 followers, and let them know they’ve been nominated ✓
- Make up and post eleven questions for your nominees to answer ✓
- Post these rules on your blog ✓
Questions and Answers!
1) If you could have one wish what would it be? (To have more wishes doesn’t count!)
I would wish for more genies so I could get more wishes. Haha
Okay, serious answer: I would probably wish to be a quicker learner. It takes me a while to master material. I have to look at things over and over again, and read things over and over again. I’m definitely not one of those naturally smart people where things just click for them when they hear it for the first time in lecture.
2) What accomplishment are you most proud of so far?
This is going to be super cliche, but getting into medical school. I worked really hard during undergrad and grad school to get here: all those hours spent doing research projects, volunteering in a hospital, performing leadership duties, not to mention all the stress that the application cycle and interview process put me through- it’s crazy to think that I’m actually here, typing on my blog about my medical school experience.
3) Whats the thing that you love most about yourself?
Probably that I’m a pretty versatile and well-rounded person. I can play an instrument, I can bake, I can cook, I can paint/draw, I like to read books, I can play golf, I like outdoorsy things, etc. I’ve also been told that I’m just a super down-to-earth type of person and easy to talk to.
4) If you were to be deserted on a island and could take one person, who would it be?
5) Whats your favourite joke?
I would tell you a good chemistry joke, but all the good ones Argon.
6) What’s the stupidest thing you’ve ever done?
Live with three people with no motivation to study. It was a horrible idea. I did it because I had known one of them since middle school, and two of them since high school. You really don’t know people until you’ve lived with them!
Also, touch a lightbulb when it was hot.
7) What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
I might have RBF, but I’m actually pretty nice!
8) If there was a fire and you could only save one item (people not included) what would it be? (Hypothetically of course)
Obviously my copy of First Aid 2014.
Just kidding, I’m actually a normal human being. I would probably save a packet of letters I’ve saved from my friends and SO.
9) If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
Sleep. If I didn’t need sleep, I would be able to get so much more studying done. Or maybe I’d just spend more hours not being as productive?
10) How do you handle unpleasant people?
I can be really confrontational sometimes, and other times I can just ignore the person. It really depends on the situation and the person I’m dealing with.
11) What is your favourite TV series or/and movie?
I really like The Office and Parks and Recreation. Oh, and South Park. I’m sorry, I know that was three shows.
Blogs I nominate! (in no particular order)
My questions for the blogs I’ve nominated:
1. What’s your favorite memory?
2. How do you relax?
3. What’s something that you wish you did but never got the chance to?
4. What’s the most difficult thing you’ve ever done?
5. Where’s the best place you’ve traveled to?
6. If money was no object, what would you do right now?
7. If you could go back in time, what year would you travel back to and why?
8. How would your friends describe you?
9. What’s your favorite book?
10. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be?
11. What was the last experience you had that made you a stronger person?
Thanks again for the nomination, AutumnScrubs!